a little black dress - The Fashionably Broke
the fashionably broke, style blog, fashion, blogger, dc


a little black dress


Everyone needs at least one or two (or five) little black dresses, right?  They are just those staple pieces that can save pretty much any last minute fashion emergency.  In Erika's case it was a little black crochet dress, that when given the chance of a Free People employee discount, the only decision left to be made was did she need it in black or cream, or both.  Though I can only imagine the selling point was the not-so-little, bell sleeves, because how amazing are they?  (I'm pretty sure I was meant to grow up in the seventies, someone was confused).  But I am mostly obsessing over the possibilities of how many great looks are going to come from this little black dress.  Picture this gem paired with a great pair of suede boots and a floppy hat, for a fabulous daytime look!  Or, totally channeling seventies glam, with a mini-dress, Twiggy moment.  I am literally counting down the days until Erika moves home and I can finally make an appearance in it myself! 

Who makes your favorite little black dress? 

FREE PEOPLE GYPSY LACE DRESS, JEFFREY CAMPBELL CLOGS


Don't forget to VOTE FASHIONABLY BROKE in Refinery29's Next Big Style Blogger Contest!
You can find my picture under 'Popular Contestants' & then just click the little heart in the upper left corner to "heart" me! Thanks loves! I appreciate your support more than ever! xo.

Feb 8, 2012

3 comments:

  1. I have a (big) obsession with long sleeve mini dresses right now...so pretty!

    xoxo
    Cathy, your Poor Little It Girl

    http://poorlittleitgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice post!!!! love your pics! u've got a great style!and a cute blog!!!
    do u want to follow each other???

    IF U WANT TO VISIT MY BLOG STREET CHIC http://chicstreetchoc.blogspot.com/
    U CAN ALSO FIND ME ON FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/pages/Street-Chic/126609910754628

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you look seductive in that hot dress. It matches your fashionable designer boots. Love your taste in clothes...

    ReplyDelete